Day 20 – Horizontal stabilizer spar cap flanges

Tonight I did the other half of last nights job with the spar caps. I drilled all the #40 holes between the cap flange and spar flange. I used a generous amount of clamps to make sure the cap sat square while drilling, and put in a few clecos as I went along. 

The next step is to make more holes in the attachment brackets, but I’m really considering just re-making the one with the hole that’s a bit south. The angle aluminum is on order anyway, so I may just have to distract myself for a few days. Maybe I’ll go flying or something! In the picture below I re-drew the lines to see how bad it was. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.